- SHOTPlus™ Variant:
- KBA Summary:
- This article details the compatibility of SHOTPlus™ 5 files within SHOTPlus™ 6
SHOTPlus™ 6 is not designed to work with SPF files that were originally created in SHOTPlus™ 5.
To prevent potential file corruption, related to compatibility issues, SHOTPlus™ 5 files opened in SHOTPlus™ 6 will be opened in 'read only' mode. Users will be able to view these files, but not edit or save.
To transfer data between SHOTPlus™ 5 and SHOTPlus™ 6, information should be exported as a text file or as a dxf file from SHOTPlus™ 5 and then imported into SHOTPlus™ 6.
Data or entities should not be transferred between SHOTPlus™ 5 and SHOTPlus™ 6 using copy and paste functionality.
Prior to version SHOTPlus™ Production version 6.9.1 (or SHOTPlus™ Beta version 6.9.4) the read only functionality for SHOTPlus™ 5 files was limited to viewing files only.
From Production version 6.9.1 (or Beta version 6.9.4 onward), the read only functionality was expanded to include the following:
- View existing loading rules.
- Export existing loading rules as a template.
- View the Edit Hole dialog.
- Export text files.
- Load and save text export templates.
- Export DXFs.
- View the Hole Table.
- Open Monitoring Points to view Vibration and/or Overpressure properties.
- Export seed waves from the Monitoring Point dialog.
- Use measurement and dimension tools.