This feature provides a centralized place to upload, store and download Site and Blast files to assist in managing the Drill and Blast processes.
To ensure the performance of this service to all users, we are introducing a usage cap of a total of 500GB of file storage per site, which includes deleted items, beyond which some charges may apply. However, based on current usage rates, we know most of our customers will not exceed this cap.
Note: Please see this article on How to configure "Required Blast Documentation"
- Access Site Files
- Access Blast files
- Download Files
- View Files
- Upload Files
- Comment on Files
- Send Email
- Delete Files
- Restore Deleted Files
Access Site Files
Site Files is recommended for storing templates and other documents relevant to the site, not only to a specific blast.
- Click ‘File Storage’, located on the left side (desktop version) or the top-left hamburger menu (mobile version).
- ‘Site files’ section shown by default; controlled by the tabs located on the top of the page.
Access Blast Files
Blast Files is recommended for storing documents and media relevant to a specific blast.
- Click ‘Blast Files’ tab located on the top of the screen within the ‘File Storage’ section.
- Use the search bar by typing in the desired blast name; this will return up to 25 blasts containing the typed in characters.
- Select All, Fired or Not Fired from the drop down list to narrow down the search.
- Select a Blast from the list to access the list of files.
- Click on the ‘Download’ icon located under the Actions column in the files list for the desired file.
Media Files - Images, Videos, PDF and text files - can now be viewed from the site and blast files by clicking on the 'view' icon, a new tab will open allowing you to view the media file.
- Maximum size of 1.0 GB per file.
- Maximum 100 Site Files per site.
- Maximum 100 Blast files per blast, 70 defined documents.
Upload a Site or Blast File
- Click ‘Upload New’ located on the top right of the screen. OR Click and drag files to the desired location in the file storage.
- Select 1 or more files file using the local file explorer. E.g. Windows Explorer.
- An Upload Progress bar will appear for the selected file(s) before the file shows in the file list with the option to ‘Cancel’ the upload.
- Multiple files can be uploaded at the same time.
- Only users with write access to the site can Upload files or Replace files
Replace an Existing File
Renaming is not supported.
When a user selects for upload a file with the same name as an existing file in the list (Site or Blast), this message will pop up to confirm the replacement of such file.
View File History
- Click on the show history icon.
- Download or view the desired version.
- Click Cancel to close the history window.
Comment on Files
You can record and view multiple comments against any blast file.
To send an email notification after uploading a Blast File:
- Click on the Send Email icon.
- Type in the desired email address(s) in Recipients and press the Tab key. You can add multiple email addresses.
- Type in any desired content in Message. Not mandatory.
- Click Send.
The recipients will receive an email from email@example.com with an automatically generated subject, your username (email address) and a link to the file storage page with the file highlighted.
All of the recipientes will be able to see the complete recipients list.
- Click on the ‘Delete’ icon located under the Actions column in the files list for the desired file.
- This action is unrecoverable.
Note: users with write or admin access can delete files.
Restore Deleted Files
- Click on the ‘Include Deleted’ check box. The list of Deleted files will be displayed.
- Click on the Restore button for the desired file.
- Confirm the action.