- SHOTPlus™ Variant:
- 18.104.22.168 and above
- Article Published:
- 24 March 2021
- KBA Summary:
- This Knowledge Base Article (KBA) describes what the Manually Edited Loading status is, how it is designed to be used and its behaviour in SHOTPlus™ and within the BlastIQ™ connected system.
Manually edited loading is a status automatically assigned to a blasthole when either the Charging Design or Initiation Design has been manually edited. This includes but is not limited to:
- Holes where the charging and/or initiation designs, applied by a Loading rule, have been edited.
- Groups of holes where the charging and/or initiation designs, applied by a Loading rule, have been edited.
- Holes where the loading has been defined from within the Edit hole dialog box
- Groups of holes where the loading has been defined from within the Edit group of holes dialog box.
Manually edited loading is intended for use where blasthole conditions are already known and are static i.e. the length, wet state, temperature, diameter, hole type or material type has been measured and will not change.
If hole conditions are likely to change then Loading rules should be used in place of a Manually edited loading design to effectively re-apply the loading in response to hole condition changes.
Holes are distinguished in SHOTPlus™ by the colour of the hole collar.
Holes with Loading rules applied are represented by a aqua coloured hole collar as shown below.
Holes with Manually edited loading are represented by a dark-green coloured hole collar as shown below.
Additionally, when viewing the loading diagram for holes that have **Manually edited loading** a label will appear in the top-left hand corner of the loading diagram as shown below.
Manually edited loading designs are static. Loading rules are prevented from being re-applied with a change in blasthole conditions, including hole length, temperature, water state, diameter, hole type, or material type.
However, the existing Manually edited loading design can be adjusted with changes in hole length or diameter.
Hole Length Variation Behaviour
Where the length of a hole with Manually edited loading is reduced:
- The loading design will be truncated from the bottom up in SHOTPlus™, BlastIQ™ Mobile, and LOADPlus™
Where the length of a hole with Manually edited loading is increased:
- SHOTPlus™ will apply a backfill deck regardless of the backfill settings.
- BlastIQ™ Mobile and LOADPlus™:
- If backfill is enabled for that hole type the length of the bottom deck will increase until the backfill tolerance is exceeded, at which point a backfill deck will be added. This backfill deck will be equal to the length that the hole has been extended by.
- If backfill is disabled the length of the bottom deck will increase equal to the length the hole has been extended by.
Hole Diameter Variation Behaviour
Where diameter is adjusted, the lengths of all decks will remain the same, but the weights of each deck will be adjusted in-line with the increase or decrease in hole diameter. This behaviour is consistent across the BlastIQ™ System.