- Release Date:
- 8th March 2021
- KBA Summary:
- This Knowledge Base Article describes the functionality of the Blast Progress (classic) Dashboard in BlastIQ™ Insights.
This dashboard has been built to allow users to control the progress of the Drill and Blast process in near real time and objectively keep track of outstanding tasks required to close a blast, helping to avoid delays in planned blast schedules. This dashboard auto-refreshes every 10 minutes from the time it is first loaded, with each auto-refresh it will surface the latest available information.
The Blast Progress Dashboard displays blasts within a default time filter of the Last 3 Days, blasts created or modified in SHOTPlus™, BlastIQ™ Mobile, LOADPlus™ or via BlastIQ™ External API in the last 3 days will be considered within this time period.
Note: It will take up to 20min for a new blast to appear do to the calculation of the blast boundary done at the database level.
To navigate to the Blast Progress (classic) dashboard:
- From the BlastIQ™ Insights toolbar, select Dashboards.
- From the Dashboards menu, select 'Blast Progress (classic).
Filtering by Selection
- Allows the user to select and filter of up to 10 blasts at a time by selecting them in the Map section.
- Clicking on the Selection Tool opens a list that populates by clicking on the blasts in the Map, then clicking on Apply will make the filter effective.
- To Filter by Selection, simply click on a blast (blast boundary on the map or bars on the hybrid bar chart) and add other blasts to that selection as desired.
- Hold Alt key on your keyboard and click to select multiple blasts on the map.
- Note: Filtering will affect all the metrics displayed across the dashboard.
Users can navigate to a single Blast Hole Details Heatmap by clicking on 'Hole Details' below the desired blast name on the hybrid bar chart.
The blast is divided into smaller areas that represent the holes in it, these are colour coded according to the Legend and represent the hole states in a blast. See Blast Plan View for more information.
Click on 'Back to Multiblast View' to go back to the main map.
Showing the Number of Holes in the Y-axis and Blasts in the X-axis, this chart gives an aggregated representation on the holes and their current state whilst still providing the information about the previous states that the holes have gone through. Includes a horizontal slider to scroll to other blasts when these don’t fit in the chart area, blasts are sorted from older to latest from left to right.
- Designed: only holes uploaded from SHOTPlus™, i.e. not holes added in BlastIQ™ Mobile or LOADPlus™.
- Drilled: holes that have any indication of being drilled, i.e. have drill actuals imported and uploaded from SHOTPlus™ or via API drill system integration, have a measured actual length or any loading recorded against them.
- Measured: holes with Actual Length, includes holes added in BlastIQ™ Mobile or LOADPlus™ or Drilled holes directly added to the API via drill system integration with actual length.
- Loaded Stacked Bar: this bar considers holes that are Partially Loaded, Fully Loaded or Stemmed.
- Fired: when a blast has a fire date, the total count of holes in the blast will be considered regardless of their previous state.
These metrics aggregate all the values across all the blasts within the filter criteria and provide an aggregated view in the percentage of the current state of the holes.
- Blasts (Open): count of blasts within all the filters (count of the blast without a fire date).
- Total Holes: count of all holes in the blasts within all filters (includes holes with no valid design).
- % Measured: (all hole conditions check): percentage of holes with actual length.
- % Loaded: (all explosive decks): percentage of holes that are fully loaded or stemmed.
- % Stemmed: (all decks complete): percentage of holes that are stemmed.
The tasks remaining field displays the following tasks remaining for all open blasts for the filtered date:
- To Drill - Holes that are designed but haven't been drilled, measured, loaded or stemmed. 'To Drill' metres is the sum of the design length of all the 'To Drill' holes
- To Measure - Holes that are designed but haven't been measured, loaded or stemmed.
- To Load - Holes that are designed or added in the field but are not fully loaded or stemmed. This includes measured and partially loaded holes. The 'To Load weight' is the updated design weight, or the difference from the actual weight and updated design weight for partially loaded holes.
- To Stem - Holes in any state apart from stemmed.
- Not Drilled - how many holes have been flagged as Not drilled
- Abandoned - how many holes have been flagged as abandoned
Example: a hole that has not been measured but is loaded is not counted as 'To Measure' or 'To Drill'. It will be classed as 'To Stem'.
All the data above is for open (blasts that have NOT been fired). Blasts that have been fired, will not have data populated in this field.
Zoom in or out by placing the mouse pointer over the map and using the wheel scroll action on the mouse, by pinching in and out in a touch screen or by clicking on the + and - icons in the map tool bar.
The user can choose to change the map background to allow better visualization of the blasts of interests from the following options: