This dashboard examines the difference between the actual horizon of the explosive decks to the design horizon. The proximity of the top of the explosive column to the collar of the hole has environmental and safety implications. Using this dashboard can help identify both isolated events and systemic implementation issues.
Each Bulk Explosive Deck is evaluated based on the following:
The Horizon Deviation is calculated for each deck, hence marking the deck as one of the following:
- Within Tolerance – if the Horizon Deviation does not exceed any of the Loading Horizon tolerances (over or under).
- Overloaded– if the Horizon Deviation is positive and exceeds the site’s Loading Horizon tolerance.
- Underloaded– if the Horizon Deviation is negative and its absolute value exceeds the site’s Loading Horizon tolerance.
- or, No Data – There is not sufficient data to run the analysis. E.g., the deck has an Actual Horizon recorded but no design Horizon (these holes might have been added in the field), OR the number of Adjusted Design decks does not match the number of Actual decks.
Blast % Compliance
The Blast’s Loading Horizon Compliance is calculated with this formula:
This dashboard uses the site level Deck Horizon Reporting Tolerance defined in the Admin Portal.
Any changes to these tolerances in the Admin Portal will apply to all single blast dashboards across the site. To learn more about Reporting Tolerances, click here.
- Select a Blast – Choose a Blast from the drop-down list. Users can type in to search for the desired blast.
- Take a Snapshot – Generate a summary blast report. The report includes all dashboards with the latest available data.
- System of Measurement – Choose to display the values in Metric or Imperial units.
- Blast Plan View - displays an area per hole coloured according to the hole compliance. In the case of over and underloaded holes, the greater the length difference, the darker shade the colour will be (see the colour legend). To learn more, click here.
- Summary Statistics - displaying the blast’s % compliance and other helpful statistics.
- Hole Cross Section Bar Chart - displaying each hole's design cross-section, with decks colour coded according to product type. Click and drag horizontally to scroll through all the holes in the blast.
- Histogram – displays the count of holes for each deviation range. Click and drag horizontally to zoom in on a section. Double click to reset zoom.
- Box Plot– displays the deviation distribution of the blast. Click here to learn more about this type of chart.
- Click and drag horizontally to zoom in on a section. Double click to reset zoom.
- Deck Table – located below the other dashboard components, displays only bulk explosive decks, one deck on each row, and columns with information relevant to the Loading Weight Horizon Dashboard.