During the BlastIQ Insights transition period, admin users will have to access Site Admin “V3” in the Admin Portal to configure the new Reporting Tolerances, Blast Tags, and KPIs.
Provide BlastIQ™ users with a way to tag blasts so they can visualize these tags and use them to filter, sort, or aggregate in BlastIQ™ Insights.
These tags will be used on the 'Other Filters' feature in the Dashboards to help search for a single blast or generate a Multiple Blast version of a Dashboard.
Blast Tag Limits
The following limits apply:
- Tag Category Name: 20 characters.
- Tag Name: 20 characters.
- Tag (code): 30 characters.
- 20 Tag Categories per site.
- 200 Tags (across all categories) per site.
Note: These numbers include deleted elements.
Create a Tag Category
Click Add New on the Blast Tags section within a site's page in the Admin Portal.
Define the Display Name and if the Category allows multiple tag entry (True or False). Click ‘Save’.
Tip: Allow multiple Tag entry for Tag Categories such as Geology or Shotfirer, NOT for Pit or Bench.
Edit a Tag Category
Display Name and Allow Multiple Value Entry settings can be edited later by clicking Actions/Edit in the Tag Category level.
Create a Tag
Within a Tag Category, click on ‘Add New’ on the top right corner of the Tags table.
Define a Tag Name and a Tag (code)
It is recommended to use Tag (codes) that are self-explanatory, e.g. include the category name.
- Category Name: Pit
- Tag Name: A
- Tag (code): pit-A
- The Tag (code) will be autogenerated and can be edited by the user before the creation of the tag.
- Tag (code), Tag Name and Tag Category name are required to be unique for the site, even across deleted Tags and Categories.
Edit a Tag
Within the Tag category, click on ‘Edit’ under the ‘Actions’ column in the Tags table for the desired Tag.
Note: The Tag (code) cannot be modified, only the Tag Name name can be edited.
Note: Tags may be deleted. Deleted Tags will not be displayed in the SHOTPlus or BlastIQ™ Insights. These can be restored in the Admin Portal. Historical data is kept in the background; this is just a “soft delete."
Upload or Download a BlastIQ™ blast
The “BlastIQ blast properties” module will only open and work for blasts that exist in the BlastIQ system.
Open Blast Properties
Under the BlastIQ menu, click on “BlastIQ blast properties”.
Select Blast Tags and Save
- Navigate through the Tag Categories
- Check or Uncheck the Tags.
- Click ‘Updated BlastIQ’ to save.
Notes: Multiple Selection of Tags is possible within a specific Tag Category if "allow multiple value entry" enabled in the Admin Portal. Unsaved selection of tags will not be recoverable if the Blast Properties section is closed.
Blast Level Display
Blast Tags will be displayed in the Single Blast Quantities Dashboard.
Tag Filtering (upcoming release)
- Filter blasts based on Blast Tags using 'Other Filters' in Dashboards, displaying the list of tags under each category, and allowing multiple tag filtering.
- Multiple selections within a Blast Tag Category will use 'OR' filtering logic, while Tags in different categories will use ‘AND’ filtering logic.
Using Other Filters – Example
- Blast Tag Category 1: "Geology" - List of Possible Tags: "Granite", "Limestone" and "Sandstone" (configured to allow multiple tags within the category)
- Blast Tag Category 2: "Blast Type" - List of Possible Tags: "Production", “Buffer” and “Pre-split” (configured to NOT allow multiple tags within the category)
- Blasts in a site are tagged with some of the above Blast Tags using Shotplus.
- In BlastIQ™ Insights (3), the users can use the Other Filters to select the tags “Granite” and “Limestone” for the “Geology” category and “Production” from the “Blast Type” category.
- After applying, this selection will return only blasts that have “Granite” OR “Limestone” AND “Production” tags.