FRAGTrack - Adding an Insight Filter and using Defaults
- Creating your own Insights will ensure that you are able to effectively visualise your fragmentation profiles within a specific date range for each Installation.
Note - Insights can contain one or more Filters. Within each Filter you are able to define a date range for one or more Installations. This functionality allows you to generate charts that can be easily compared at one or more installations, at different points in time (e.g. Last 7 days vs a 7-day period 2 months ago).
- To get started you will need to Create or Edit an Insight. Refer to Creating and managing Insights.
- Next select Add Filter to configure the Title, Date (Date Range), Installations and Blast Boundaries (optional).
Note - while you are able to make changes to the Default Insight, you can not save changes made to the ‘All Installations’ Insight.
- To create a New Filter, first enter a Filter Title. This will be used as the label for your Filter (and will become an option that you will be able to toggle on and off when viewing an Insight). As such, we recommend keeping your title short but descriptive.
- Next, select a Date Range. It is possible to switch between a specific number of days or to specify an actual date range (the ‘All Installations’ Insight, by default, displays the Date Range of 1 day for each Installation).
- Day input - will display the number of days entered in the past from the current date (e.g. today’s date to n previous days).
- Date range - will display data from a specific date range.
Note - the ability to specify multiple date ranges provides a way to generate side-by-side visualisations for one or more sites in a single view - refer to Viewing Run Charts and Sample Data.
- If you select Use Defaults this will use the default date range configured for the current Filter. Note that the the Set Defaults option (adjacent to the Add Filter button) can be used to set the default date ranges used when creating or editing a Filter (screen picture below).
- The next step in creating a new Filter is to select the Site’s Installations that should be displayed in the Fitler. Under Select Installations it is possible to select one or more Installations from the dropdown menu.
These options can also be dismissed from the current Filter by selecting the cross element on each label.
- It is also possible to select from available ‘Blast Boundaries’ to further refine your Insight Filter. A Blast Boundary list displays all recent blasts from Blast Control, and will restrict your Filter to sample data within the spatial geography specific to each blast, or blasts, selected. For more information refer to Adding Including Blasts Boundaries in your Filters.
- Under the ‘Boundaries’ dropdown it is possible to select one or more blasts from the menu.
- As with Installations, These options can also be dismissed from the current Filter by selecting the cross element on each label.
- When you are finished creating or editing the Filter, select Save to confirm your changes.
- If at anytime you would like to cancel the workflow select the cross element top right on the popup window, use the Cancel button, or click outside of the popup window (your current changes will not be saved).
- After saving your new Filter it will be available within the current Insight, and can be toggled on or off to display data based on your configured Filter options.
For further information refer to Viewing Run Charts and Sample Data
Printed copy may not be the latest revision May 2020