- Version 2.7.1 of SHOTPlus™ Underground, first offered to users on Thursday 11th January 2024.
- A notification will appear on start-up in SHOTPlus™ Underground Beta once the update is available.
- For further information on updating the SHOTPlus™, please contact the BlastIQ™ Support Team via support.blastiq.com.
In order to make this transition as smooth as possible for our users, some changes will be implemented to collect information about which products are being used within SHOTPlus™ files. This data will be collected for at least a 90 day period. This information will only be used internally to ensure that all products in use are available on the BlastIQ™ Platform when the service transition takes place.
This will be implemented in SHOTPlus™ Underground Beta v2.6.11 and greater.
It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to this version when it is available.
If you do not upgrade to these versions when they become available, you may experience disruptions when the service upgrade takes place.
- BlastIQ™ Licencing
- Activations can now be released from within SHOTPlus™.1
- On start-up SHOTPlus™ will warn users where the licence linked to an activation will expire within the next 30 days.
- SHOTPlus™ will now show the Activation and Licence expiry dates when renewing activations.
- Wording updated to reflect the change to 'seat' based licences.2
- Holes without an EBS delay will show as a blank field when exporting text files.
- Minor improvements were made to WebGen™ encoding reports.
- Select 'Help' > 'About' from the main menu and select 'Release Activation'. To release an activation, the user must be signed in to BlastIQ™. After release of an Activation, SHOTPlus™ will close all open instances.
- For more information on the BlastIQ™ licencing model, see the Knowledge Base Article, here.
- BlastIQ™ Licencing
- Users were experiencing a type error when using the EBS logging report.
- Users were unable to allocate DRX when using WebGen™ as an EBS product.
- Users were unable to select WebGen™ products when importing from text file.
- When WebGen™ was selected as an EBS product, the products were not populating for manually edited loading.
- Users were experiencing an error when importing EBS initiators and boosters via the text import tool.
- Users were unable to import holes when specifying only charge length and design length.
- Some files were not able to be used as templates and were causing menu items in Blast Properties to duplicate.
- Users are now able to specify WebGen™ products for text import.
- Hole ID was displaying incorrectly in EBS logging reports.
- Ring Manager sort order was reversed.