This dashboard aims to provide an overview of the difference between the deck’s loading design and actual loaded weight. Loading weight is one of the contributing factors in blast performance related to muck pile presentation (i.e. shape, looseness, movement and heave) and fragmentation results; as well as potential fly rock and misfire incidents. Using this dashboard can help identify both isolated events and systemic implementation issues.
- Select a Blast – Choose a Blast from the drop down list. Users can type in to search the desired blast.
- Take a Snapshot – Generate a summary Blast report for the selected Blast. To learn more, click here.
- System of Measurement – Choose to display value on Metric or Imperial units.
- Blast Plan View - displaying an area per hole coloured according to the hole compliance, in the case of over and under loaded holes, the greater the length difference the darker shade the colour will be (see the colour legend). To learn more, click here.
- Mouse Over the holes to get further information.
- Click on a hole to highlight the hole cross section bar chart.
- Summary Statistics - displaying the percentage of compliance of the blast, and other helpful statistics.
- Scroll vertically to see all information.
- Hole Cross Section Bar Chart - displaying each hole's cross section and colouring the explosive decks according to the deviation from adjusted design. The user can click and drag horizontally to scroll through all the holes in the blast.
- Scroll horizontally to navigate through all blast holes.
- Histogram - displaying the count of explosive decks for each deviation range in the Y axis and the absolute deviation values in the X axis.
- Click and drag horizontally to zoom in. Double click to reset zoom.
- Box Plot– displays the deviation distribution of the blast. Click here to learn more about this type of chart.
- Click and drag horizontally to zoom in, double click to reset zoom.
- Deck Table - displaying only bulk explosive decks, one deck on each row and columns with information relevant to the loading weight dashboard.
Each hole is evaluated based on the following formula:
Deck Actual Weight = As recorded in BlastIQ™ Mobile or LOADPlus™ devices.
Deck Design Weight = Latest Adjusted Design Deck Weight.
Deck Weight Difference is calculated for each deck based on the deck number, hence marking the deck as one of the following:
- Within Tolerance – if the Deck Weight Difference does not exceed the site’s Deck Weight Tolerance (over or under).
- Over drilled – if the Deck Weight Difference is positive and exceeds the site’s Deck Weight Tolerance.
- Under drilled – if the Deck Weight Difference is negative and its absolute value exceeds the site’s Deck Weight Tolerance.
- or, No Data – There is no sufficient data to run the analysis. E.g. a deck has an actual weight but no design weight (these decks might have been added in the field) or a deck has design weight but no actual has been recorded.
Blast % Compliance
The Blast’s Loading Weight % Compliance is calculated with this formula:
This dashboard uses the site level Deck Weight (kg) Reporting Tolerances defined in the Admin Portal.
Any changes to these tolerances in the Admin Portal will apply to all single blast dashboards across the site. To learn more about Reporting Tolerances, click here.